Description and Purpose:
Exceptional Lewisville teens will serve on the City of Lewisville’s Youth Action Council. As part of the Council, these young service leaders advise Council on youth-related issues; assist with special projects and events; research, assess and evaluate existing youth and community programs; design and plan new youth events and activities to encourage youth involvement in the community; serve as ambassadors for, and inspire other young people by completing service projects and sharing their stories.
- Advise while learning about approaches for engaging youth in community service.
- Partner with like-minded youth with unique perspectives.
- Act as a youth service ambassador in Lewisville by participating in and doing outreach around teen initiatives.
- Work with government and business leaders in Economic Development to develop skills needed for entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Participate in monthly meetings during the 9-month term (September 2019 - May 2020)
- Inspire other young people to get involved in the community
- Demonstrate leadership in school and/or community activities
- Express an interest in learning more about their community
- Be a resident of Lewisville
- Be open-minded and willing to work with their peers
- Be a high school student in grades 10-12 (Age 15-18 as of September 1, 2019) and submit an application by June 21, 2019.
Commit to a term from September 2019 - May 2020