The City of Lewisville strategic planning process starts with determining where we stand and where we want to be. Where we stand is determined through fund summary presentations and review of 5 year financial plans. Where we want to be is determined through citizen input resulting in a Lewisville 2025 Plan, Council direction regarding priorities and goals, and an internal, department-led SWOT Analysis. Finally, departments determine what specific, operational steps will be needed to achieve their objectives and they request funding for specific programs.
The Lewisville 2025 Plan drives many of the City’s initiatives and budget discussions as departments analyze the “big moves” to determine how they can help achieve the plan. These big moves function as the departmental objectives for the coming year. Following is a link to the Lewisville 2025 Plan. Each year, departmental and overall City progress is measured and publicized to our residents through the distribution of an annual report.
- Provide a well-developed and maintained infrastructure, and meet the demand for services.
- Controlling cost of service delivery.
- Maintain financial stability.
- Provide opportunities for cultural/recreational activities for residents and visitors.
- Provide a community where citizens/visitors are safe and secure.
- Develop the City’s economic base and improve aging/substandard areas.
- Meet transportation and transit needs.
- Maintain a stable, high performance workforce.Enhance the community’s image and citizen involvement.
Provide a well-developed and maintained infrastructure, and meet the demand for services.
- Goal: Maintain facilities to meet service demand
- Goal: Improve street, sidewalk, alley and utility line condition ratings
- Goal: Maintain adequate capacity in water/sewer systems
- Goal: Maintain an effective technology infrastructure
- Goal: Ensure high quality plan review and inspection services
- Goal: Maintain staffing and service levels that match community expectations
Controlling cost of service delivery.
- Goal: Increase energy conservation measures
- Goal: Oppose unfunded state mandates
- Goal: Use technology in lieu of manpower when possible
- Goal: Control employee/retiree health insurance costs
- Goal: Use alternative procurement methods for facility construction when cost effective
- Goal: Increase interlocal service provision
Maintain financial stability.
- Goal: Maintain a budget system that funds competing needs according to the entire organization's priorities
- Goal: Maintain/improve revenue base
- Goal: Ensure effective internal control systems
Provide opportunities for cultural/recreational activities for residents and visitors.
- Goal: Increase participation in recreation and athletic programs
- Goal: Utilize partnerships with outside entities to improve recreational opportunities
- Goal: Improve the park and recreation system assets
- Goal: Increase opportunities for recreation oriented visitation
- Goal: Develop major tourist attraction
- Goal: Develop sport-related tourist attractions
Provide a community where citizens/visitors are safe and secure.
- Goal: Provide necessary public safety facilities and equipment
- Goal: Involve the community more in safety and security
- Goal: Match demand for public safety with the appropriate manpower
- Goal: Ensure high compliance with community health and safety ordinances
- Goal: Improve neighborhood security in aging areas
- Goal: Ensure disaster preparedness and timely response
Develop the City’s economic base and improve aging/substandard areas.
- Goal: Improve the appearance of aging neighborhoods
- Goal: Increase investment in Old Town
- Goal: Increase re-development in other areas of the city
- Goal: Reduce the impacts of retail competition during I-35 expansion
- Goal: Stimulate retail development (existing shopping centers)Goal: Work with Vista Ridge Mall on long-range market position
Meet transportation and transit needs.
- Goal: Improve local thoroughfare system
- Goal: Utilize outside resources for road construction funding
- Goal: Develop transit (bus/rail) system in Lewisville
- Goal: Facilitate funding for full length of I35 corridor (I635 to SH380)
Maintain a stable, high performance workforce.
- Goal: Develop the organization
- Goal: Improve quality of job candidates
Enhance the community’s image and citizen involvement.
- Goal: Use the Visitors Bureau and other City resources to define and promote a positive City image among residents and visitors to the City
- Goal: Increase opportunities for citizen and community participation
- Goal: Work with local stakeholders, regional and state partners, and third-party entities to maximize Lewisville’s potential as tourist destination
- Goal: Improve corridor appearance
- Goal: Develop I35 corridor comprehensive plan overlay and incentive program
- Goal: Improve communication with LISD
- Goal: Improve communication with realtor community