The City Secretary serves as the the Chief Election Official for the City of Lewisville and is responsible for conducting all City elections as prescribed by the Election Code of the State of Texas. Municipal elections are held on the first Saturday in May of each year, as authorized by state law.
The Lewisville City Council is composed of a mayor and five council members. While there are five council places, they are not divided into geographic districts. Each Council member is elected at-large and represents the entire community. Council Places 1 and 3 will be elected in 2020; the Mayor and Council Place 2 will next be elected in 2021; and Council Places 4 and 5 will be elected in 2022.
- Council Places 1 and 3 will be elected on the first Saturday in May 2020.
- Mayor and Council Place 2 will be elected on the first Saturday in May 2021.
- Council Places 4 and 5 will be elected on the first Saturday in May 2022.
- May 2, 2020 for Council Places 1 and 3.
- First day to file for place on the ballot - January 15, 2020.
- Deadline for filing for candidacy for both Council Place 1 and 3 - Friday, February 14, 2020.
- Early voting and Election Day voting will take place at the following locations (as well as additional locations once determined by the Denton County Elections Administrator and the Dallas County Elections Administrator).
- Denton County Voters: Lewisville Municipal Annex, Community Room, 1197 West Main Street, Lewisville, TX 75067
- Dallas County Voters: Coppell Town Center, 255 Parkway Blvd, Coppell, TX 75019
- These locations are subject to change per the determination of the Denton County Elections Administrator and the Dallas County Elections Administrator.