Here are a list of commonly used forms needed when working with the Lewisville Municipal Court.
- Driving Safety Course request form and Affidavit [PDF]
- Deferred Disposition request form and Affidavit [PDF]
- Municipal Court Information Brochure 2014[PDF]
- Driver Record Request Form [PDF]
- Financial Information for Court - English [PDF]
- Formulario Por Corte De Indigentes [PDF]
- Insurance Affidavit [PDF]
- Motion for Continuance Form [PDF]
- Plea Form [PDF]
- Surety Appearance Bond* [PDF]
- Teen Court Brochure
- Teen Court Volunteer Brochure
* Any bond company or attorney that wishes to act as a Surety on any Lewisville Class C misdemeanor warrant or instantiated citation will be required to follow these procedures. A Lewisville Surety appearance bond form will need to be completed for each violation and then turned in along with the necessary attachments. Surety appearance bonds that are not official Lewisville bonds, bonds that are incomplete or faxed bonds will not be accepted.
The court hearing date will be assigned once the Surety appearance bonds are filed with the Lewisville Municipal Court or Police Department. It is the bondsman or attorney's responsibility to make sure their Principal is aware of the assigned court date. If a court date is reset or a new hearing date is scheduled the Surety and Principal, at their last known address, will be notified by mail of the new court date. The Surety will be responsible for the Principal's appearance at all court appearances until a plea of guilty or no contest has been entered or the case is dismissed.
For attorneys acting as sureties, the attorney representation letters will be reviewed once they are received at the Lewisville Municipal Court. Upon receipt of the attorney representation letter, the case will be placed on the next attorney plea docket and a notice will be mailed to the attorney and Principal, at their last know address, of the plea docket date. This will not count against the case as a reset. It is the attorney's responsibility to make sure the Principal is aware of their assigned court date and makes an appearance at all court proceedings.