The City of Lewisville is committed to open government and transparency by providing access to public records in accordance with the Texas Public Information Act, Chapter 552, Texas Government Code. Public records include paper and/or electronic documentation created, obtained, or used by the City of Lewisville in the conduct of its business.
All public records not declared by law to be confidential (of which the City of Lewisville retains legal custody and control) will be made available to the public as requested, as expeditiously as possible, with any personal identifying information or other confidential or privileged information redacted. Redacted information may include:
- Bank account and routing numbers (Tex. Gov't Code § 552.136)
- Credit card number and expiration date (Tex. Gov't Code § 552.136)
- Date of birth (Tex. Gov't Code § 552.101 + common-law privacy)
- Driver’s license number (Tex. Gov't Code § 552.130)
- Email address (Tex. Gov't Code § 552.137)
- Insurance policy number (Tex. Gov't Code § 552.136)
- License plate number (Tex. Gov't Code § 552.130)
- Personal identification number (Tex. Gov't Code § 552.147)
- Social Security number (Tex. Gov't Code § 552.147)
The City of Lewisville receives and processes all public record requests through the Lewisville Customer Support Center, which allows such requests to be submitted online. Members of the public can track their requests and, when fulfilled, download records from their own online account, or request that access to public records be provided to them through other means. Please note that some records may require a processing fee. Members of the public are encouraged to search for existing public records by using the links in the left hand navigation on this web page before submitting an official record request.