Volunteering with Lewisville Animal Services can be a rewarding way to help the homeless pets of our community and to learn more about the shelter and its operations. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us.
Volunteers with Lewisville Animal Services help with the daily operations at the facility and raise awareness of animals needing a home.
A few important things to note:
- We are seeking volunteers who can commit to frequent service for at least 4-6 months. We do not have an hourly requirement but we do request that you can help several times a month (even if just an hour each visit) for at least four-six months.
- We do not allow volunteers under 16 years of age.
- All volunteers over the age of 18 must submit a background check.
- Any individual who are 16-17 years old must fill out and have a waiver of liability notarized and signed by a parent.
- We do not sign off on court ordered community service hours.
- We will sign off on National Honor Society or school related course hours.
- Participation in Jog a Dog is available after you have contributed 30 hours of service.
- Lewisville Animal Services is not a "no-kill" facility.
After you complete the application, you will receive an email with detailed instructions of how to begin your adventure!