- A copy of your pet’s current rabies vaccination paperwork (with the vet’s letterhead) from the vet showing the date of vaccination
- Rabies tag number
- Pets description, breed, and if your pet is spayed or neutered
How Do I Register a Pet?Registration can be done online or by mail. If assistance is needed residents can visit the Gene Carey Animal Shelter and Adoption Center and see a staff member. Residents can complete the registration process via a smart phone by taking a picture of the required documents. Please remember to include a copy of all required documentation and your check (made out to the City of Lewisville) for payment via mail at the address below:
Lewisville Animal Registration
PO Box 141929
Irving, TX 75014-1929
Why Should I Register my Pet?
- If your dog, cat or ferret goes missing and your pet is wearing a City of Lewisville license tag, having him licensed drastically improves your chances of getting your animal returned. A license tag helps animal control and shelters quickly identify your pet and get it back to you safely and save the possibility of your pet being impounded and paying the cost of reclaim fees.
- Licensing lets people know that your dog is up to date on its rabies vaccinations. A dog cannot be licensed unless it is properly vaccinated.
- License fees support the efforts of many local animal shelters. Typically, the annual fee that you pay to license your dog helps to keep shelters running and supports the work of your local animal control.
- It's the law. In most states, it's mandatory that dog owners have their pets licensed. If you get caught without a license, which can and does happen, there can be a hefty fine.
What are the Fees?
(1 year registration)
(3 year registration)
|Spayed or neutered||$7||$21
|Not spayed or neutered||$30
City Ordinance allows a maximum of six animals in a home. Registration must be done for each animal. There is a $2 convenience fee charged (flat fee).
If more than one animal is being registered, a complete registration form must be included.
Spanish applications can be submitted via mail. (Aplicaciones en español pueden ser enviadas mediante correo postal)
Replacement tag(s) are only available in person or via the mail.