Lewisville Animal Services wants to help all lost pets find their way back home. Here's how to help.
Lost and Found Information
To view animals that have been reported lost by their owners, view stray animals at the shelter, or view animals that have been reported found use the green buttons below.
Found animals are either at the shelter or have been reported found. Animal In Custody means the animal is currently at the shelter, otherwise the animal was reported found and is being held by the finder until an owner is reached.
- Fill out a lost pet report. Lost reports are sent to shelter staff which will then be reviewed and uploaded to the Lost and Found Pets page. Reports are held in our database for 30 days. After 30 days, you may fill out another report if your pet is still missing. If you find your pet, please let us know so we can cancel the report.
- Check this page daily to see if your pet was brought to the shelter or was reported found.
- Visit our shelter as often as possible to look for your pet during our normal business hours. Your pet might have been taken to a neighboring city shelter, so be sure to check other nearby shelters too.
- Search your neighborhood and leave information, a description of your pet with a picture, and your contact information with as many people and businesses as possible. You can also use social media, such as Facebook or Nextdoor, to your advantage.
- If you find your lost pet, be sure to get it microchipped by bringing it to the shelter or a nearby veterinarian so that if it is ever lost again, it can easily be returned to you.
- If you can approach the pet safely, check for an ID tag, contact the owner, and help reunite the pet with its family. If the pet is not wearing an ID tag, take the animal to a veterinary clinic or bring them to Lewisville Animal Services to check for a microchip.
- If you are unable to approach or transport the animal safely, call us at 972.219.3478 and provide us with a detailed description of the animal and the location.
- If you are able to house the pet until an owner can be reached, submit a found animal report. Found reports are sent to shelter staff which will then be reviewed and uploaded to the Lost and Found Pets page. Reports are held in our database for 30 days. After 30 days, you may fill out another report if an owner has not been found. If you find the owner, please let us know so we can cancel the report.
- Post fliers and notices in your area and use social media, such as Facebook and Nextdoor, to your advantage.
Animals that have been reported lost by their owners are listed in the lost animal sections depending on their species by using the green buttons above. Stray animals that are currently at the shelter or animals that have been reported found are listed under the found animal section depending on their species. For each animal record it will say "Animal in Custody" meaning the animal is at the shelter, otherwise it will say the animal was found in a city meaning that the finder is holding onto it and therefore is not at the shelter.