To view our adoptable animals, use the green tabs below. For more information on a specific animal, select the animal's picture or name.
To see the stray animals that have been brought to the shelter, please visit the Lost and Found Pets page.
NEW Due to COVID-19, adoption hours are currently by appointment only.
Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 1 - 5 p.m.
NEW Due to COVID-19, adoption fees have been waived during this time.
Adoptions for dogs and cats are $90 and include:
- Viral Vaccines
- Rabies Vaccine
- Heartworm or FIV/FELV Testing (if applicable)
- 1 Year City Registration (if Lewisville resident)
- 30 Days of Free Pet Insurance
- Adoption Kit (includes small bag of pet food)
Adoptions for pocket pets, listed in the "Other" category below, are $20.
NEW Due to COVID-19, the adoption process is now electronic. Follow the steps shown below.
To adopt a pet from Lewisville Animal Services, you must be 18 years or older and provide a government-issued ID. You do not need to be a Lewisville resident. Renters are subject to approval from landlord or property management to adopt.
Animal Services cannot guarantee the health, temperament, nor breed of any animal. An animal is only available for adoption if an animal is believed to be reasonably sound of both health and temperament. Animal Services cannot reimburse medical costs for any issues that may arise after adoption including (but not limited to) injury or health.
Animal Services will allow returns to the shelter within 30 days of adoption. No refunds are granted. Individuals returning an animal are allowed up to 3 exchanges.
COVID-19 Online Adoption Process and Instructions
- Search through the available pets listed below. If interested in a specific pet, select the pet's picture or name to view additional details and follow the unique URL given in the pet's description to begin the online adoption application. Here's an example screenshot.
- Once the application has been submitted, Lewisville Animal Services will call the applicant within 24 hours. While on the phone and if approved, staff will counsel the potential adoption and to schedule an appointment for a Cat Pickup or Dog Visit.
- Pickups and visits will be scheduled no later than 24 hours after staff has contacted the approved applicant.
- Adoption fees have been waived during this time.
- Cat Pickup
- Adopters will not be allowed to visit with cats prior to adoption, and therefore a Cat Pickup will be scheduled.
- Same goes for animals listed in the "Other" category below.
- Staff will bring the pet in a carrier to the Adopter's vehicle.
- Dog Visit
- The visit will take place in an outside courtyard.
- Only one person will be allowed to visit the dog.
- Adopters will not be allowed to bring their already-owned pets to the visit.
- Adopters will be required to wear gloves and practice social distancing with staff.
- Cat Pickup
Available dogs for adoption.
Available cats for adoption.
Other pets available for adoption.
Such as pocket pets, reptiles, domestic birds, etc.