The Lewisville Police Department appreciates the public's assistance in solving crimes in our city. If you have follow up information on a crime that may be useful in our investigations, you may submit that info in one of the following ways:
- Fill out the Provide Information on a Crime online form.
- Submit the info by email to email@example.com
- Call the Lewisville Police Department non-emergency line at 972.219.3640, the LPD Crime Tip Line at 972.219.8477 (TIPS), or the Denton County Crime Stoppers at 1.800.388.TIPS (8477)
- If you'd like to submit a tip anonymously, the Lewisville Police Department partners with Citizen Observer's Tip411. Tip411 is monitored Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m, except during city holidays. Please note that this is not "Text to 911" and does not generate an immediate police response. Using Tip411 you can submit a tip several ways:
- To send an anonymous tip via text message, text the keyword "TipLPD" and your tip information to 847411 (Tip411).
- Download the free TipLPD APP, now available on the Apple Store (for iPhone / iPad), or on the Google Play store (for Android devices).
- Submit a crime tip directly from the LexisNexis Community Crime Map, which partners with Tip411.
- Submit a crime tip using a web form
TIP411 IN THE SCHOOLS: The Lewisville Police Department has three school specific Tip411 keywords for use in the three high school campuses located in the city of Lewisville. These keywords will route directly to our School Resource Officers and offer students a way to report suspected campus related criminal activity anonymously by texting the keyword and your tip information to 847411. The three keywords are:
o LEWISVILLE HIGH SCHOOL = LHSTIP
o LEWISVILLE HIGH SCHOOL HARMON = HHSTIP
o LEWISVILLE HIGH SCHOOL KILLOUGH = KHSTIP
Submitting a crime tip will not generate immediate police response. Please do not use these methods to report a crime in progress or any issue that requires immediate police response. If you have a non-emergency issue that requires police response, please call 972.219.3640. If you have an emergency, please call 911. If you wish to make a police report, you may call the emergency or non-emergency number as appropriate, come to the Police Department in person, or submit a report online.