TEMPORARY DEPARTMENT OPERATION CHANGES
In the interest of protecting the health of our community and staff, we will amend some of our operations. In compliance with the disaster declarations recently signed by Denton County Judge Andy Eads and Mayor Rudy Durham, due to the COVID-19 disease outbreak, the following changes have been implemented.
- Officers will continue to respond to calls involving public safety. Public Safety Communications staff will ask standardized health screening questions to determine if there is a risk of disease spread.
- Anyone reporting a property crime, or a crime that is NOT in progress, will be asked to do so online. Victims can attach pictures documenting the crime.
- Officers will only respond to crashes that have injuries or road blockage. Reports will only be generated for injury crashes. Officers will assist parties with the exchange of required information.
- All community meetings and gatherings, including car seat safety inspections, facility tours and Cones with Cops, are cancelled.
- Fingerprint services are suspended until further notice.
- The jail lobby at the Steve M. McFadden Jr. Law Enforcement Center, 1187 W. Main Street, will remain open to the public
- The police department lobby is closed to the public. Individuals can still make open records requests online. Accident report request forms are also available online and can be mailed, along with a check for any fees, to our department.
- Property and Evidence will only return essential property to the public by appointment only.
- All offense reports will be filed online or by phone, unless they are in progress and public safety is at risk.
We recognize these changes pose an inconvenience to our community. The COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve, and we must adjust accordingly as part of our dedication and commitment to protecting the public. We believe these measures will help us do our part to minimize any potential disease spread while still allowing officers to serve the community. We invite you to follow our social media pages for any updates regarding our operations. Thank you for your understanding and support as we all navigate through these uncertain times together and work as one to keep everyone safe.
Through a partnership with the community, the mission of the Lewisville Police Department is to solve problems and improve public safety in a manner that is fair, impartial and transparent.
The Lewisville Police Department offers several ways for our citizens to provide us with their feedback. Please visit our Provide Feedback page for more information.
Lewisville is a dynamic, urban community located 26 miles northwest of downtown Dallas along Stemmons Freeway (Interstate 35E). Lewisville is located in southeast Denton County, one of the fastest growing counties in the state, and has an approximate population of 100,000. The city is situated in one of the most dynamic growth areas in the nation. The City encompasses over 42 square miles, and its largest amenity--Lewisville Lake--covers 30,000 acres. Lewisville has a council-manager form of government and a $204 million operating budget.
State Highway 121 bisects the community and gives Lewisville easy access to the Dallas/Ft. Worth International airport, the second busiest airport in the world. DFW International is located just ten minutes south of Lewisville. Lewisville is less than four flying hours from every major market in the U.S. Due to our excellent geographical position, Lewisville is easily accessible to all parts of the Metroplex, Texas, U.S., and the world.
Lewisville is nestled between two beautiful lakes - Lewisville Lake and Lake Grapevine. Both lakes are major recreational lakes for Metroplex residents with each receiving six million-plus visitors annually. Lewisville Lake is also the source for its water supply.
The Lewisville Police Department has an annual budget of approximately $31 million. The department is authorized 175 sworn and 81 civilian positions.
|Lewisville Police Department
1187 West Main Street
Lewisville, TX 75067
City of Lewisville Jail
1187 West Main Street
Lewisville, TX 75067
|PO Box 299002
Lewisville, TX 75029
Chief of Police
Police Public Information Coordinator