The City of Lewisville has numerous plans in place to guide development. These documents work in tandem with the various ordinances to promote a cohesive building plan for the long term.
- Old Town Master Plan - A plan that focuses on revitalizing Lewisville’s Old Town area by examining the current land uses, city regulations and economic conditions.
- Thoroughfare Plan - A schematic showing Lewisville’s future street network detailing street designations and Right of Way widths.
- Old Town Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Plan - A plan that guides development near Lewisville’s Old Town Station to focus on connectivity and circulation between a variety of uses and transportation options. This plan ties to the Old Town Master Plan and provides guidance for streetscaping and land use. It also contains information regarding Utilities and Infrastructure.
- Old Town Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Plan Update - An update to the Old Town TOD plan that provides enhanced context to the original plan and highlights eight development opportunities.
- Mill Street Plan - A plan that examines the future infrastructure needs of Mill Street from I-35E to College Street. The study area is broken down into specific character zones. Proposed streetscaping character and landscaping amenities are provided for each zone.
- Northern Gateway Plan - A development guide for a 300 acre site located on the north end of Lewisville, focused on mixed-use urban development.
- Southern Gateway Plan - A development guide for a 325 acre site located on the south end of Lewisville, dividing the area into five distinct sub districts with an overall focus on mixed-use development.
- I-35E Corridor Plan Identity Plan - This plan identifies three zones along the eight mile I-35E corridor and provides a framework for future implementation of corridor improvements.
- I-35E Corridor Redevelopment Plan - A companion document to the Identity Plan guiding the development of the I-35E corridor. This plan provides a policy framework for achieving new private investment along the I-35E corridor. This framework includes splitting the corridor into subarea’s, and providing a vision to guide future development.
- I-35 Corridor Redevelopment Plan - Appendix - A companion to the Redevelopment Plan providing examples and illustrations.
- Trails Master Plan - Adopted in 2011, Provides a road map for the comprehensive development of trails, sidewalks, and bike routes throughout the City.
- Trails Master Plan 2018 Update - An update to the 2011 Trails Master Plan. It revised the original plan's four goals to six new goals each with several objectives.
Links to Economic Development website for some of the plans mentioned above and other items:
- Old Town Transit Oriented Development Plan
- Wayne Ferguson Plaza
- Mill Street Corridor Enhancement Plan
- Brownfields Assessment Program
|physical address:||mailing address:|
|Economic Development & Planning
151 West Church Street
Lewisville, TX 75057
P.O. Box 299002