Upcoming Meetings and Opportunities for Involvement
Online Review of Zoning Concepts – Anyone interested in the major concepts and draft recommendations related to zoning is invited to review the materials from the Oct. 10 Open House. An online survey has been developed so comments can be provided electronically.
For more information please contact email@example.com.
Past Stakeholder Meetings
- October 10, 2019, a Community Open House was held at the MCL Grand to give any residents, property or business owners, stakeholders, or interested groups an opportunity to learn about the project’s major zoning recommendations, ask questions, share ideas, and provide feedback. The Open House began with a presentation to share major concepts and recommendations. This format is flexible, enabling participants to focus on issues of particular interest or to learn about the entire project. About 25 people participated in the Open House and provided comments at seven stations focused on specific ways in which the rezoning will help achieve Lewisville 2025. This input will be considered as the final draft of the new Zoning Ordinance is completed.
- September 10, 2019 - 2nd Technical Advisory Roundtable Meeting: recap the direction we are going with our zoning and development code rewrite and to provide an overview of the direction received from the City Council and Planning and Zoning Commission at the joint workshop held on August 20th. This round table meeting will be led by our consultant team, Karen Walz with Strategic Community Solutions, Phyllis Jarrell with City Centric Planning and Mark Bowers with Kimley Horn.
- April 2, 2019 the consultant team met with the Code Review Committee (staff involved in development review across multiple departments) to discuss various aspects of the zoning and development codes with City Staff.
- February 5, 2019 - the consultant team met with the Code Review Committee (staff involved in development review across multiple departments) to discuss additional items in the zoning and development ordinances that should be reviewed.
- January 29, 2019 - the consultant team met with the Code Review Committee (staff involved in development review across multiple departments) to discuss the zoning ordinance.
- January 24 , 2019 - the consultant team held a series of four focus groups. Focus groups were geared towards current developers working in Lewisville, developers who don't currently work in Lewisville, design professionals (engineers, architects, etc.) that work in Lewisville and Community Members.
Past Presentations to City Council
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019 Joint City Council and Planning and Zoning Commission Work Session - Council and the Planning and Zoning Commission were given a presentation of the direction the Code Update is moving, input from staff, and input from the development community.
- Monday, March 18, 2019 Joint City Council and Planning and Zoning Commission Work Session - Council and the Planning and Zoning Commission were given a presentation of the input received to date and asked for input on five key items. The video of the discussion with the Joint Work Session beginning at the 6:15 mark.
- Monday, Nov. 19, 2018 City Council Work Session - City Council was given an overview of the Development Code Overhaul plan. The presentation topics included Lewisville's unique development process, why updates are needed, the project scope outline, community engagement, and the project schedule.