It’s Time Lewisville! Starting January 8, Lewisville Parks and Recreation is sponsoring the 2018 It’s Time Texas Community Challenge. This challenge is a fun and simple way for cities across Texas to demonstrate their commitment to healthy living.
Visit ittcommunitychallenge.com to register as a Lewisville participant to demonstrate healthy lifestyles.
- Going for a walk in the park
- Working out at the Recreation Center or Senior Activity Center
- Buying fresh produce
- Meditation or Yoga for stress relief
- Preparing a healthy meal
- Or anything else that demonstrates an active and health lifestyle
All you need to do is register and take a photo of your activity and post it on ittcommunitychallenge.com.
Lewisville Parks and Recreation's goal for the 2018 challenge is to introduce and expand the participation and involvement of citizens, schools, businesses, organizations over the next year. Lewisville can demonstrate healthy living against similar-sized Texas cities in our Community Challenge category. Let's get started and encourage your friends, family, co-workers and peers to join in with you!
How it works:
- Step 1: Register for the IT'S TIME TEXAS Community Challenge on (or after) January 8 at ittcommunitychallenge.com and select our community.
- Step 2: Earn points by tracking your physical activity, uploading Healthy Selfies, organizing group activities, and more
- Step 3: Keep it going through March 4. If our city earns the most points in our size category, we will receive an $1,800 grant to put toward future health-related projects. Not to mention, serious bragging rights.
Planned It's Time Texas Community event:
Couch Potato to 5K
January 31 - April 7
Couch Potato to 5K is part of a Community Challenge hosted by Lewisville Parks and Recreation in conjunction with It’s Time Texas. This program is geared to help individuals who are currently less active get up and move and designed to be a 10-week course and will gradually increase the physical activity each week. The first meeting will be on January 31 and conclude with the participation in the Denton County Dash 5K Walk/Run on April 7. Information and registration packets can be picked up at either Memorial Park Recreation Center, Fredrick P. Herring Recreation Center or downloaded using the link below.
email completed form to email@example.com.
Couch Potato to 5K meetings will be held at 6 p.m. at Fred Herring Recreation Center, 191 Civic Circle Drive unless an outside training is scheduled. Meeting will be held on Wednesday evenings: Jan. 31, Feb. 7, Feb. 14, Feb. 21, Feb. 28, March 7, March 14, March 28 and April 4.