The Lewisville Municipal Court now offers an eCourt Appearance. Dispose of your case by video conference with the Judge on your computer or mobile device.
- If you already have a scheduled date and time to appear before the Judge you are still required to appear.
- At your assigned date and time, click the link below and, if prompted, type in the Meeting/Hearing ID Number.
- If you are not be able to appear as ordered, you must contact the court before your scheduled court date to discuss your options and/or request a different appearance date.
- If you have not been assigned a specific date and time to appear, you may appear without appointment Mondays or Wednesdays between 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Please have your citation number or cause number available, click the link below and, if prompted, type in the Meeting/Hearing ID Number. To use this option, you must have a webcam/built-in camera with sound and video on your device to appear at eCourt. You must also install the Zoom App on your device before the video conference begins if you do not already have the app.
Meeting/Hearing ID: 904 325 5281
IMMEDIATELY AFTER your video conference with the Judge, you MUST call the Court Clerk at 972.219.3436 to finalize the action(s) taken in your case(s). Failure to do so will result in a "Failure to Appear" and issuance of a Warrant for your Arrest.
PLEASE NOTE: While the Court will make every effort to dispose of your case(s) via eCourt, it may not be possible in all circumstances and an in-person appearance may be required. If you are experiencing technical difficulties with ZOOM and can only connect via phone, please call 1.346.248.7799 and enter the Meeting/Hearing ID # listed above.
Things To Remember
- Virtual Courtrooms are the same as Actual Courtrooms and the same rules and procedures apply.
- If you do not follow Rules of Courtroom Conduct, the Court Bailiff will remove you from the virtual courtroom until you comply.
- Proper clothing is strictly enforced - Inappropriate clothing or attire will not be permitted. The eCourt Dress Code is the same as if you were appearing in-person in the courtroom.
- Avoid background noise and distractions – Make sure your environment is most favorable to attend court by video. Turn off and put away other devices (T.V., radio, etc.) so you can give your full attention to the proceedings.
- Do not record these proceedings.
- Show proper respect for the process – this is a formal proceeding. The judge and court personnel will be respectful to you. You are expected to be respectful in return.
To Appear via eCourt Appearance option, you must have:
- a device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.).
- a fast and stable internet connection.
- a webcam attached to your PC or a built-in camera on your device that will allow the Judge to see you during the video conference.
- a microphone (built-in or attached) that will allow you to talk to the Judge. Your device must also have speakers (built-in or attached) so you can hear what the judge is saying to you.
- a working email address to send and receive documents or images from the Court.
- a reliable phone number to ensure successful future contact with the Court.
- An acceptable form of identification (Social Security cards and “selfies” are NOT valid forms of identification).
At your eCourt Appearance, you have several options. You can:
- enter a Plea of NOT GUILTY and request a trial by judge or jury. You will be able to speak with the Prosecutor. Please note that Jury Trials may not be held via the eCourt Appearance option and will require you to appear for trial in person at the Lewisville Municipal Court located at 1197 West Main Street.
- enter a plea of GUILTY or NO CONTEST. Defendants who plead guilty or no contest via the eCourt Appearance have the same options for payment plans, compliance dismissals, driver safety course, or deferred disposition.
- request an EXTENSION of the due dates established by a previous judgment and/or payment plan. You will need to be prepared to provide the extenuating circumstances as to why an extension is needed.
- resolve outstanding Lewisville WARRANT(S) by setting up a payment plan.
Expectations at your eCourt Appearance:
Set aside at least 30-45 minutes of your time for the hearing.
Have your documents ready and available to review with the Judge.
Be patient with unexpected technical difficulties or inactivity during the hearing as the court staff works through the new challenges of a virtual court docket.
If the Judge authorizes Deferred Disposition or Driver's Safety Course, you will be required to pay the applicable fee(s) immediately after your eCourt Appearance, unless otherwise ordered by the Judge.
If you are unable to pay your fine, the Judge may authorize an Extension to Pay of up to 30 days. If you have no ability to pay your fine, you may request the Judge to consider alternative means to satisfy the judgment.
If the Judge authorizes a Payment Plan, you will be required to make an initial payment immediately after your eCourt Appearance. The Judge will consider your financial circumstances and prior payment history when deciding how much and when payments will be due.
For all payment arrangements, you must contact the court Clerk’s Office immediately after your eCourt Appearance at 972.219.3436.