Welcome to the Budget Explorer
The City of Lewisville is committed to providing our community with a budget process that not only offers transparency but also encourages citizen interaction and involvement. While the annual budget document is continuously available online as a static PDF (see below under "Budgets") and provides the intended transparency element, its length and detail can inhibit citizen engagement. For this reason, the City created and implemented Budget Explorer. This tool offers residents the opportunity to drill down and explore multiple facets of the City’s budget. Our citizens can interactively view funds, departments, and divisions and connect with how their taxes and fees are being utilized to provide valuable services city-wide.
How to Navigate
When you open the Budget Explorer link a new window will open.
- Click on the button “Click to Begin” and the next screen will display all the City’s budgeted funds.
- Click on any of these funds (please note: the general fund is the City’s main operating fund) and a list of departments will be displayed.
- Click on any of the departments and the divisions within that department will be displayed.
- Click on any of the divisions and either a list of activities will be displayed or a detail of how those expenses are categorized will be displayed (please note: if activities are displayed, click on one of the activities and a detail of how those expenses is categorized will be displayed).
- Once you see a green box titled “Expense Groups”, you have reached the greatest level of detail.
As you move through the levels, you will notice that your previous selection is highlighted in blue. You can select another option other than your previous selection, or you can select the blue option, and you will be taken back to the beginning where funds only are displayed.
The City of Lewisville produces various financial documents in accordance with the City Charter and General Accounting Standards Board (GASB) guidelines.
These files are in PDF format. Some are very large and may take several minutes to download. If you have trouble opening a file directly, try right-clicking on the link and selecting 'Save Target As...' in the menu. This will allow you to save the file to your local computer.
FY2020 Preliminary Budget - budget was approved at the Sept. 16, 2019 City Council meeting. The Operating Budget document will be available in late October/early November.