The scope of work for the Main Street and Mill Street Improvements project include:
- sidewalk improvements with 6-8 foot wide sidewalks on both sides of the street
- on-street bicycle lanes (5-foot wide)
- 164 total on-street public parking spaces; 97 parking spaces net increase
- Main Street: 88 total on-street parking spaces; 69 spaces net increase
- Mill Street: 76 total on-street parking spaces; 28 spaces net increase (public and private)
- landscaping enhancements including shade trees for pedestrian comfort, ornamental trees, shrubs, groundcover, rain gardens, etc.
- ornamental street lighting with banner arms along the two corridors
- street furniture including benches, bike racks, and
- amenities such as trash receptacles and recycle bins
Project Cost and Funding Sources:
- $8.53M Estimated total project cost
- $3M Sustainable Development Block Grant awarded by NCTCOG
- $5.53M Local Funding (G.O. Bond funds and cash)
Estimated Completion: December 2020
- Project Inspector, City of Lewisville: Jason Walker 972.219.3703, email@example.com for day to day construction issues.
- Chief Inspector, City of Lewisville: Eric Schrack 214.263.7430, Eschrack@Cityoflewisville.com for day to day construction issues when the Project Inspector is not available.
- Project Manager/City Traffic Engineer: Sagar Medisetty 972.219.5027, Vmedisetty@cityoflewisville.com for project design and traffic issues
- City Engineer: David Salmon PE 972.219.3491, Dsalmon@cityoflewisville.com for design or traffic issues if the Project Manager is not available.