Friday, Sept. 28, 2018; 5 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018; 10 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Old Town Lewisville
Huffines Auto Dealerships Lewisville Cattle Drive Parade
Parade Application - Due Sept. 14
Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018
Download and return to be added to the parade line-up. It is FREE to participate!
For additional information, contact Shelly Pershing at firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Lewisville is excited to celebrate Western Days with the Huffines Auto Dealership Cattle Drive Parade! Our goal is to raise pride and spirit and bring the entire community together!
- Professional-looking signage is required.We can provide names of local sign companies if you prefer to have them made, but hand-made, clearly visible signage is fine.There is no parade theme.
- Operators of motorized or non-motorized vehicles may not throw any item or items from a moving vehicle.Operators of motorized or non-motorized vehicles may not talk or text on their cell phone during the course of the parade.
- Participants must keep all body parts within the confines of the vehicle or float.Dangling feet over the edge of the vehicle is prohibited.
- Parade participants should in no way encourage spectators to leave the curb or move into the street for any reason. Participants are prohibited from stepping or jumping onto or off of any parade apparatus, moving or stopped, during the course of the parade.
- Items tossed during parade, such as candy, shall only be gently tossed in designated areas where barricades are present along parade route. Items shall not be tossed where barricades are not present.
- Hard or pointed objects such as pens, pencils, etc., are prohibited. This also includes suckers. Those who do not comply may be removed from the parade.
- Open-flame devices are prohibited on parade floats.The use of fuel-fired torches, candles, grills or similar devices that serve as potential ignition sources are prohibited.Each parade apparatus, excluding unmodified vehicles with no trailer in tow, are required to have at least one portable fire extinguisher rate Type A/B/C that shall be in working order with all handles, hoses, and pull-ins intact and a pressure gauge indicating the device is fully charged.
- Green broke or unmanageable horses should not be entered in the parade.All equine must have a current negative EIA (Coggins) within the last 12 months in order to enter parade.Owner must be able to provide proof of negative report if requested.All dogs of age must have current proof of rabies vaccination. For more information, please contact Animal Services at 972.219.3478.
- Lewisville staff will oversee parade organization and will be on-site to direct you to your exact spot in the line-up. Please don’t hesitate to ask one of the Lewisville Staff coordinating the line-up for assistance if needed or if you have any questions.
Please remember that SAFETY is our #1 CONCERN during the parade. Please keep this in mind while planning and constructing your float and also during the parade.
Thank you to our 2018 Western Days Sponsors
Cloud 9 Charities, Lewisville Noon Rotary, LHS Band Boosters, North Texas Antique Tractor and Engine Club, Salvation Army,