Update as of May 5, 2020: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 disease outbreak, the uncertainty of when restrictions will be lifted on large-scale gatherings, and major budgetary concerns, the City of Lewisville is cancelling all city-sponsored public events through late September. Link to media release story.
For 2020, the event is moving online. The re-imagined Sounds of Lewisville @ Home Digital Concert Series presented by Denton County Transportation Authority will take place on Facebook Live Tuesday nights in June and July.
- Yes, attendees are welcome to bring their dog. Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated with current tags on collar. Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries caused by them. We ask that owners clean up and properly dispose of any waste left by their dogs. Dogs must be kept on a leash no longer than six (6) feet. Any unruly or aggressive dogs will be asked to leave.
Outside food and drink is allowed, but we encourage attendees to purchase food and drink from the food vendors onsite each week. Water, soda, beer and wine will also be for sale. Attendees can also come early, reserve their spot with lawn chairs and blankets, and eat at the many restaurants located in Old Town Lewisville.
- "Sounds of Lewisville" concert series is presented by the City of Lewisville as a service to its residents and visitors. For questions, additional information or to suggest a band, contact Jamie Milstead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No tickets required. Sounds of Lewisville remains a free concert series, as it was upon its inception in 1991. The series is funded through Hotel Occupancy Tax money as a way to draw visitors to Old Town Lewisville.
- Beer and wine will be available for purchase at the event for anyone of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly. If bringing outside food and drink, please remember that glass is prohibited in Wayne Ferguson Plaza. Lewisville Police Department will be onsite during all concerts.
- Smoking or vaping is not allowed in the grass of Wayne Ferguson Plaza. However, it is allowed in the street and the alley around the Plaza.
If weather is expected to interfere with the show, the show will be moved inside the MCL Grand if space is available. This information will be posted to SoundsOfLewisville.com by 2 p.m. each concert date. We encourage visitors to check the website prior to the show if they are concerned about the weather.
Information will also be posted on the Wayne Ferguson Plaza Facebook page.
- There is no fixed seating, but attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets.
Concerts are held every Tuesday in June and July from 7-9:30 p.m. in Wayne Ferguson Plaza. The opening act performs from 7-7:45 p.m. and the headliner performs from 8-9:30 p.m.
For 2019, there will be NO CONCERT on Tuesday, July 2. Instead, the special Sounds of Red, White & Lewisville will take place on Wednesday, July 3. This event features two bands, inflatable attractions and fireworks at the conclusion of the concert, approximately 9:30 pm.
- Concerts are held in Wayne Ferguson Plaza, 150 W. Church Street.
Free public parking is available around Wayne Ferguson Plaza and Lewisville City Hall. A map will be added closer to event date. Additional parking and street closure details.