Every year Lewisville students compete to design the logo for ColorPalooza. The winning design becomes the official logo for ColorPalooza for one year, and is used in all promotional items and merchandise. The 2020 event takes place on Saturday, April 18.
This competition is open to any Lewisville and Castle Hills resident in grades 9-12 at any state-certified public or private school, or any student attending a Lewisville public or private school in grades 9-12. Home-schooled students living in Lewisville and Castle Hills are eligible to participate if they meet the grade-level requirements.
Download the logo competition rules.
- The deadline for submission is Friday, Jan. 3, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
- All submissions must include the festival name “ColorPalooza” in the design. The festival tagline, “A Celebration of Spring,” can be incorporated into the design at the artist’s option, but is not required for contest eligibility.
- All entries must be accompanied by the name of the student, grade, and school.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by the competition rules and transfer all rights of the design without limitation to the City of Lewisville to use, display, make copies, publish in any media, alter, etc. Entries will become the sole and exclusive property of the City of Lewisville.
- Submit original artwork or comprehensive layouts. The work must be original. Consideration should be given to simple reproduction capabilities to a number of media processes including electronic applications (websites, social media), in print (posters, street banners and billboards, advertisements) and print on merchandise (may include t-shirts, cups, and bags.) City of Lewisville reserves the right to adjust reproduction art for optimum reproducibility to a variety of visual processes.
- The logo should be easily displayed and usable in both color and black-and-white environment. Artists are encouraged to consider designs that offer variations for square orientation.
- A short paragraph explaining the concept of the design is required.
- If all entries are deemed unsuitable or unqualified, the City of Lewisville will have the right to determine whether to extend the deadline, reject all submissions and declare the competition ended without awarding a winner, or hold another competition in the sole and absolute discretion of the City of Lewisville.
- City of Lewisville reserves the rights to modify the competition rules and regulations at any time.
- All entries must adhere to the eligibility and entry specifications outlined below.
- Competition is open to any Lewisville and Castle Hills residents currently in grades 9-12 at any state-certified public or private school, or any students attending a Lewisville public or private school in grades 9-12. Home-schooled students living in Lewisville and Castle Hills are eligible to participate if they meet the grade-level requirement.
- Students are not eligible for the competition if they have an immediate relative (parent, grandparent, sibling, aunt/uncle) or legal guardian currently employed by the City of Lewisville, or if there is a current City of Lewisville employee living in their household.
- All entries must include a full-color option (maximum of 5 colors plus white, or 6 colors including white) and a single-color option of the same design.
- Entries should consider multiple orientation options (vertical/portrait, horizontal/landscape, and square.)
- All entries must be submitted electronically in either PDF (.pdf), JPEG (.jpg), TIFF (.tif), Encapsulated Post Script (.eps) or Adobe Illustrator (.ai) format. Electronic files must be submitted on a DVD, external memory drive, or similar medium. Email and file transfer is acceptable but arrangements must be made with Arts Center manager (contact information included on page 2 of this document.)
- All entries must have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi or be in vector format.
- All entries must be no smaller than 1200 x 1200 pixels and no larger than 2400 x 2400 pixels.
- Entries reflect the festival theme of “Color”- in art, in nature, and in cultures.
- Up to two entries per student will be accepted.
City of Lewisville, as the contest administrator, will select a judging panel of at least three current professionals working in the design or marketing field. The judging panel will select a winner from among all eligible entries. Upon verification of the winning entry by the contest administrator, the winner will be notified, and the winning entry will become the official logo for ColorPalooza 2020. A public announcement of the winning logo will be made prior to Jan. 31, 2020, at a time and in a manner selected by the City of Lewisville.
Winner will receive a one-time $1000 college or higher education scholarship, administered through the Greater Lewisville Arts Alliance, and will be publicly recognized during the ColorPalooza 2020 event to be held on April 18, 2020.
The Scholarship will be paid in the student’s name directly to the high education institution in which the student enrolls, post high-school graduation- either a college, university, institute or trade school.
Entries should be dropped off or mailed to:
Denise Helbing, Arts Center Manager
City of Lewisville
100 N. Charles
Lewisville, TX 75057
Please note the MCL Grand Administrative Hours for dropped off entries:
Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
The MCL Grand will be closed in observance of holidays on the following dates: