This page will allow you to see what we send to the media, whether it makes it into print or not. The city publicizes projects, programs, achievements, safety tips, ordinances, Council actions, public notices, special events, and much, much more through News Releases.
The city also operates two Municipal Access cable channels, LVTV Prime and LVTV Leisure, available on the basic tier of the Spectrum and Frontier Communications cable systems. LVTV Prime (TW-16, VF-15) broadcasts programs and announcements with basic information about city events and operations, while LVTV Leisure (TW-96, VF-16) focuses on the parks and recreation field.
Come back often and find out what’s new in the City of Lewisville.
Resident Satisfaction Phone Survey
Results from the recent phone survey
More than 400 responses were received in this survey, which was made up of 83 questions covering a wide variety of topics. The sample was divided into four subsectors for geographic comparisons and statistical validity. Some of the notable findings include:
- 90 percent of respondents said they would encourage friends or relatives to move to Lewisville
- 84 percent of respondents are happy with Fire services
- 84 percent of respondents are happy with Police services
- 85 percent of respondents are happy with trash collection, curbside recycling, and water and sewer service
- 87 percent of respondents are pleased with the overall appearance of the city
- 87 percent of respondents feel Lewisville is a place that welcomes diversity
- 87 percent of respondents feel Lewisville is an affordable place to live
Results from the full survey will be used by City leaders to pinpoint areas of success and improvement. They also serve as building blocks as the City begins an aggressive review of the Lewisville 2025 vision plan objectives to gauge progress and prioritize remaining work to be done. While overall results are positive, there always is room for improvement.
Results from the online survey are still being tabulated.