The Special Events division manages all major citywide special events, including the popular Western Days festival, Holiday Stroll, Sounds of Lewisville summer concert series, and Keeping Tradition Alive Jam Session with firefighter bagpipes and drum corps. These activities are funded through a combination of Hotel-Motel Occupancy Tax (HOT) designated by the state for tourism operations, and event sponsorships or revenue.
For more information call 972.219.3401.
Follow Wayne Ferguson Plaza on Facebook to keep up with festivals and events
Volunteer with Special Events
Keeping Tradition Alive Jam Session
Firefighter Jam Session
- Date: May 03, 2019 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: Wayne Ferguson Plaza
150 W. Church Street
Lewisville, Texas 75057
- Introduction: Free firefighter/police pipes and drums concert
Keeping Tradition Alive is held in conjunction with a multi-national symposium. Firefighters and police officers from across the world come to Lewisville and receive instruction on honor corps activities and then perform evening concerts.The pipes and drums alternate sets with Modern Blues band Maylee Thomas Band out of McKinney.
The gates will open at 6 p.m. and the music will start at 7 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets.
- 6 p.m. - Gates Open - food, inflatable attractions
- 7 p.m. - Welcome and Performance by KTA Bagpipes & Drums
- 7:45 p.m. - Maylee Thomas band
- 8:15 p.m. - Last Person Standing
- 8:30 p.m. - Elite Bagpipers and Drummers
- 8:45 p.m. - Maylee Thomas Band
- 9:15 p.m. - KTA Bagpipes & Drums