Grant applications are submitted to, and reviewed by, the Arts Advisory Board each spring. A recommendation is included in the annual proposed budget for Council consideration, and grant awards are made on an annual basis. For the 2015-2016 fiscal year, eight applications were received and seven grants were awarded for a total of $168,362.
An Arts organization meeting all criteria listed below is eligible to apply for funding from the City of Lewisville Hotel Occupancy Tax Fund:
- Non Profit tax-exempt arts organizations;
- Proposing a program/event/exhibition to take place within the city limits of the City of Lewisville. Events may be held outside of the city limits of Lewisville with approval of the City council;
- Must have successfully fulfilled all prior contractual obligations to City of Lewisville;
- Must have local (Lewisville resident) representation on Board of Directors; and
- A representative of the organization must have attended the pre application training session to be scheduled annually.
For more information on the Arts Grant Program for the City of Lewisville, please contact Arts Manager Melinda Camp at 972.219.8478 or by email at email@example.com.
Time Schedule for Applications/Review/Approval for FY 2016-2017 Arts Grants
- April 1, 2016: City staff will make available to potential applicants digital copies of the current grant application form. Applicants may contact Arts Manager to schedule a time to review the application form and answer any questions on the process of application.
- April 1 – May 2, 2016: Arts Manager available by appointment to meet with applicants to review application form and answer any questions on the process of application.
- May 6, 2016 at 5 p.m.: Completed applications and support materials are due to Arts Manager. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
- May 9, 2016: Arts Manager will distribute copies of the submitted applications to members of the Arts Advisory Board for review. Arts Manager will also provide copies of the grant review instrument to the Arts Board.
- May 24, 2016: Arts Advisory Board Meets to make recommendation on funding of Arts Grants for FY 2016-2017.
- June 1, 2016: Arts Manager delivers recommendation of Arts Advisory Board to City Manager.
- August 6, 2016: Annual City Council Budget Workshop
- September 19, 2016: City Council adoption of FY 2016-2017 Budget
FY 2015-16 Grant Recipients
|Greater Lewisville Community Theatre||$36,000
|Lakecities Ballet Theatre||$40,000
|Lewisville Civic Chorale||$4,617
|Lewisville Lake Symphony||$40,000
|Our Productions Theatre Co.||$5,000
|The Actors Conservatory Theatre||$35,245
|Visual Art League of Lewisville